Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks Raven People!!!

Met up with Ian, a very good friend from UQ, a couple of days ago. He passed me the graduation gift that was made by the bunch of them, who are known as the Raven CC people. CC stands for Country Club and Raven CC is actually the place where my group of girlfriends stayed in Brisbane. That's the place I mentioned in my other blog where I always go to for dinner. The guys always go there to use the internet, watch tv, have dinner or just to chill and enjoy some feminine company. Haha... So, we decided to call the place Raven Community Centre as the place was on Raven Street. After a while, we wanted to give the place a bit more class and so, rename the place Raven Country Club and call ourselves the Raven People.


This is what they gave me. From what I know, it was originally meant to be joined together into a very long scroll. However, the project was kind of aborted due to some, erm, technical problems. Haha... So, I ended up with 9 pieces of individual A4 papers but it's ok, I felt the sincerity. I'm happy enough with what I have as I really did not expect to get anything more from them. At the airport while sending me off, they had already given me a digital photo frame that I had been eye-ing for quite some time.
After reading what they wrote for me, I started to get a bit 'emo'. I have to admit that when I came back, I didn't particularly miss the place. I do miss the Raven people but it was a bearable kind of feeling. After getting the present, I changed from missing them to become MISSING them.
I MISSED the times when I get a bit bored from sitting alone at the living-room and got pleasantly surprised (or sometimes, unpleasantly scared) when one or two of the guys dropped by without notice for a chat.
I MISSED the times queuing excitably for some ridiculously expensive bubble-tea and still thought we got a very good deal.
I MISSED eating ice-cream together after watching movies at night.
I MISSED shopping for groceries together and doing some childish antics with the shopping trolleys.
I MISSED doing nothing and just sit around, drinking and talking crap.
I MISSED staying up late and having late night chats with my dearest meimei (you know who you are).
I MISSED the sight of the production line we formed while washing up after dinner.
I even MISSED waking up early on Saturday morning to go market and have breakfast there.
Most of all, I missed you Raven People. Even though we were not as close towards the end of my stay there but I still enjoyed the times we spent together. Like my favourite Chinese saying, '天无不散宴席', all good things come to an end. Hope you all will occasionally miss me a bit while enjoying yourselves over there. Haha...

No comments: