Me and the Toyota Tarago we rented for the day. There were only 3 drivers among the 6 of us and I was one of them. I got to drive the first league, from Melbourne city to Geelong, a suburb. I was supposed to be more familiar with the roads as I had drove in Aussie before. However, the roads in Melbourne was very different from Brisbane so I was quite stumped by some traffic rules too. Due to the tram lines in Melbourne city, cars had to keep left when they want to turn right and that caused some confusion for us. Also, we were not familiar with using the GPS unit we rented so we made some wrong turns in the process. We took almost 1 hour to leave the city, which was quite a waste of time as it should only have costed us at most 15 mins if we knew the way. I drove for around 2 hours and requested to change driver because I felt really tired. Had a feeling of being hypnotised by the roads and so decided to retire from the seat before I kill everyone.

The front view of our Tarago.
Me, first driver of the day. Was so stressed then and by the way, I hate my side view! Damn ugly...
Alan was the navigator while I was driving
And these four were totally enjoying themselves at the back!
This is funny... Not sure what sight actually attracted all three of them.
At a petrol station in Geelong, Sindy took over from me and became the second driver of the day. I became the navigator and Alan got into the backseat to relax and enjoy the wonderful scenery. It was much later then I realised how much fun it was to sit at the back.
We finally saw the ocean after almost 3 hours of driving.
And the ocean road stretched on and on... Now we finally know why it's called the Great Ocean Road.
There were lots of sharp bends like this one here throughout the Great Ocean Road and it was quite scary as there was no blind spot mirror at all.
We came upon a beach and decided to stop for a while to take some photos. Yi Ling and I were actually wearing the same jacket but in different colours. We actually bought it together at a Mango sale before I left for Aussie. So glad we finally got to wear it together!

Taken by Ivy... I think Yi Ling was preparing to jump thus the weird pose. Haha...
The bridge leading to the beach

All of us were sticking our tongues out but I think you couldn't really see mine. Think I have a short tongue. Haha...
Third stop... Toilet break... Love it when people take photos of my back view.
Got a Caucasian lady to help us take our group photos. We were facing the sun and the sun was really strong then so we ended up squinting into the camera.
We practically stopped everytime we see a stopping bay. The three of us were not really sitting because the benches were full of dried bird droppings.
We kind of risked our lives to take this photo. We were on the side of the road and can't really see the cars coming from the back.

Nice photo right? My hair was a tad too messy for my liking but luckily this photo is small enough so it's not that obvious. There were horses at the background and we, the mountain tortoises, got quite excited.

Only Ivy and Yi Ling got a firm foothold on the log. The rest of us gotta hold tight and try to balance. Cerina, Sindy and I were kind of swinging and swaying.

... And we promptly fell off the log after this photo

Another very picturesque stop
Childish! :b
Flowers... This was our last stop because we realised that we were running out of time. Had another 1-2 hours drive to go before we can reach the Twelve Apostles.

We finally reached! Thought we won't be able to see it before it got dark because this stupid black car was in front of us and it drove damn slow. We think the driver did that on purpose.

Anyway, finally got to see the famous Twelve Apostles and was hugely disappointed. Maybe it was the cloudy sky but the Twelve Apostles did not look as breath-taking as from the pictures on the travel guide books.
Cerina, heavily bundled up no matter where we go. All of us were so jealous at her because it was really freaking cold. It rained too! WTH...

I should have worn a black beanie
It was dark when we left the Twelve Apostles. Somehow, we managed to get lost again and went through this big forest track. Luckily for us, we made it through the forest before our fuel ran out. Sindy was getting paranoid and keep thinking of worst case scenarios that freaked us out too. Alan drove on our way back. it was almost 10pm when we finally saw civilisation. Have never been so happy to see McDonald's in my whole life before.

No comments:
Post a Comment