Ok, that may be a bit childish but it's a must-sing children's rhyme for my BFFs and I whenever we visit a zoo. We planned to see 团团 and 圆圆 on this day! Yay!

To reach Taipei zoo, we had to change to the LRT. Our first LRT ride in Taiwan...

The ticketing counter... However, we used our 'ez-link' card to pay for the entrance fee instead so we did not have to queue. Ok, in Taiwan, they don't call it 'ez-link' card. It's called 悠遊卡. And the zoo entrance ticket costed only NT60 (less than SGD3) each!

Good imitation! Haha...

This photo was taken using Ivy's tripod. With her tripod, we didn't have to ask passerbys for help with group photos anymore. Great!

Good imitation! Haha...

This photo was taken using Ivy's tripod. With her tripod, we didn't have to ask passerbys for help with group photos anymore. Great!

And since we had set up the tripod, might as well take a few more photos. Haha...

Can you differentiate the humans from the animals? While uploading the photos, I realised there's a web address on the board. I went to that website and realised that they encouraged visitors to upload photos taken here. Too bad I found out too late. Then again, we were short of 2 members in the photo so it somehow feels incomplete too.

The building that the pandas were kept in. There is a limit to the number of visitors allowed to enter this building per day. There is also an allocated time to each visitor for seeing the pandas when they enter the zoo. Even though we all went into the zoo at the same time, somehow, we got assigned different timings. Luckily, there was no crowd that day so the keepers were not so strict regarding that rule.

'High 5' with the giant panda... :b

When taking this photo, Ivy didn't know that Alan was standing just behind her. Haha...

Finally! The reason why we visited the zoo... However, we were not allowed to stop for too long in front of the display. There was a keeper there to facilitate the flow of the visitors.

This was our actual distance from the giant pandas. The pandas kept eating and eating, non-stop. In my next life, I want to be a panda! Haha...

The building that the pandas were kept in. There is a limit to the number of visitors allowed to enter this building per day. There is also an allocated time to each visitor for seeing the pandas when they enter the zoo. Even though we all went into the zoo at the same time, somehow, we got assigned different timings. Luckily, there was no crowd that day so the keepers were not so strict regarding that rule.
'High 5' with the giant panda... :b

When taking this photo, Ivy didn't know that Alan was standing just behind her. Haha...
Finally! The reason why we visited the zoo... However, we were not allowed to stop for too long in front of the display. There was a keeper there to facilitate the flow of the visitors.
This was our actual distance from the giant pandas. The pandas kept eating and eating, non-stop. In my next life, I want to be a panda! Haha...
After seeing the pandas, we went into another building, this time to see nocturnal creatures.

We saw these tribal looking pillars and simply HAVE to take some photos. Haha...
Then, we walked a bit more and saw a few more animals. As it was lunchtime by then, most of us were too hungry to finish touring the zoo. After some discussion, we decided to head back to Ximenting for lunch.

On the zoo's tram, back to the entrance/exit.


We saw these tribal looking pillars and simply HAVE to take some photos. Haha...
Then, we walked a bit more and saw a few more animals. As it was lunchtime by then, most of us were too hungry to finish touring the zoo. After some discussion, we decided to head back to Ximenting for lunch.
On the zoo's tram, back to the entrance/exit.
Back at Ximenting and finally got to taste the famous 'Ah Zong Mee Sua'. It is seriously delicious... A must-try! I guess it's obvious who was the hungriest... Haha...


The mega combo of strawberry and mango... Overpriced and over-rated.

Tucking in...
After eating, we decided to spend some time shopping at Ximenting before going over to Shilin night market (NM). As it's too time consuming to shop in such a big group, we decided to split up. The guys and girls went their own way (sounds a bit weird but you know what I mean)...
We girls decided to go back to our hotel to change into 'shopping attire' and grabbed our shopping bags. We took a different route to our hotel and saw...

My LOVE... Finally! That morning I saw a poster of Jay Zhou and was really puzzled why there was no poster of him anywhere. I was heartbroken when I saw the condition of his poster though. It was an autographed poster somemore. These people! #%#@&*^!

Then, we looked across the road and saw this! At least no one can vandalise this poster. As my photo indicated, I will always support you, my darling! Haha...

This photo was taken from the guys' camera. So this is where they went to during the time we split up.
We had pre-arranged to meet at the Ximenting MRT control gates at 7pm. Those guys actually made us wait for more than 15mins... 好大的胆子! And they refused to tell us why they were late. So suspicious...

Sindy, Cerina, Ivy and Yi Ling, waiting at one corner for the guys and I to return after buying the High Speed Rail (HSR) tickets for use on 29 April.

And then, we continued on our way to Shilin NM. We had dinner at Shilin market and frankly, the famous chicken fillet was a disappointment. We all agreed that the one we had on our first night was much better.

Shilin NM... I found it a better shopping area compared to Wufenpu. The guys and girls split up again and shopped till almost midnight. As usual, Cerina and I bought the less number of things. We were really amazed when we found Sindy looking at yet another bag or Yi Ling looking at accessories, again.
When almost all the shops had closed, we discovered that we were really exhausted from all the walking and all agreed to try out the 24hours foot massage. Since we had decided to become a luxury tour group, might as well do it all the way. Haha...

Those wearing skirts or tight jeans had to change into that flowery pants provided. I had to change into that too as I was wearing a skirt but luckily, I was not caught on camera. Hehe... SShhh.... Don't tell her I uploaded this photo. :b
That was my first foot massage session and might well be my last. It hurt like hell! I think my masseur didn't like me and he's a weirdo! He had absolutely no reaction when I told him it hurt. wth... That might also be due to the fact that I was laughing away throughout the whole session. Well, it hurt so much that I started laughing. It's crazy but I do have a tendency to laugh when I hurt.
To the amusement of my fellow tour members, there were bruises on the side of my calves, in the shape of Taiwan, the next day! It took almost 2 weeks for the bruises to go away.

On a side note, that's Alan, carrying all the girls' purchases on our way to Shilin NM earlier. We told him it all belonged to Cerina and he believed us! We even managed to wiggle some money out of him, saying that Cerina had to borrow money from us to buy all those stuff. Luckily he didn't check the bag because there were 2 pairs of shoes with the same design in there, belonging to Yi Ling and Ivy. Haha...
The guys had their own 'secret scheme' too. They met us empty-handed and tried to make us believe that they did not buy anything. I don't know whether it's women instincts or they are lousy liars but somehow, we just knew they were lying. At the end of the day, when we went back to our hotel, Alan went to the guys' room to collect his purchases. Turned out, they were late because they went back to the hotel to deposit their buys.
It's funny how both sides came up with schemes to bluff the other at the same time. It's immature, yes, but it's harmless anyway. I wonder if we'll still behave this way when we grow older, say 40 years old? I believe the answer is yes! Hahaha...

Another much looked-forward to food - 芒果冰! I'm not sure if it's the shop's problem or what but this is not nice at all. I prefer the ones from 许留山 in HongKong.

Sweet corn and peanuts on shaved ice. I heard this was the best among the 3 we ordered but I didn't try it so I can't really say. I like to eat sweet corn and peanuts but not when served cold...

Sweet corn and peanuts on shaved ice. I heard this was the best among the 3 we ordered but I didn't try it so I can't really say. I like to eat sweet corn and peanuts but not when served cold...

The mega combo of strawberry and mango... Overpriced and over-rated.
Tucking in...
After eating, we decided to spend some time shopping at Ximenting before going over to Shilin night market (NM). As it's too time consuming to shop in such a big group, we decided to split up. The guys and girls went their own way (sounds a bit weird but you know what I mean)...
We girls decided to go back to our hotel to change into 'shopping attire' and grabbed our shopping bags. We took a different route to our hotel and saw...
My LOVE... Finally! That morning I saw a poster of Jay Zhou and was really puzzled why there was no poster of him anywhere. I was heartbroken when I saw the condition of his poster though. It was an autographed poster somemore. These people! #%#@&*^!
Then, we looked across the road and saw this! At least no one can vandalise this poster. As my photo indicated, I will always support you, my darling! Haha...

This photo was taken from the guys' camera. So this is where they went to during the time we split up.
We had pre-arranged to meet at the Ximenting MRT control gates at 7pm. Those guys actually made us wait for more than 15mins... 好大的胆子! And they refused to tell us why they were late. So suspicious...
Sindy, Cerina, Ivy and Yi Ling, waiting at one corner for the guys and I to return after buying the High Speed Rail (HSR) tickets for use on 29 April.
And then, we continued on our way to Shilin NM. We had dinner at Shilin market and frankly, the famous chicken fillet was a disappointment. We all agreed that the one we had on our first night was much better.

Shilin NM... I found it a better shopping area compared to Wufenpu. The guys and girls split up again and shopped till almost midnight. As usual, Cerina and I bought the less number of things. We were really amazed when we found Sindy looking at yet another bag or Yi Ling looking at accessories, again.
When almost all the shops had closed, we discovered that we were really exhausted from all the walking and all agreed to try out the 24hours foot massage. Since we had decided to become a luxury tour group, might as well do it all the way. Haha...
Those wearing skirts or tight jeans had to change into that flowery pants provided. I had to change into that too as I was wearing a skirt but luckily, I was not caught on camera. Hehe... SShhh.... Don't tell her I uploaded this photo. :b
That was my first foot massage session and might well be my last. It hurt like hell! I think my masseur didn't like me and he's a weirdo! He had absolutely no reaction when I told him it hurt. wth... That might also be due to the fact that I was laughing away throughout the whole session. Well, it hurt so much that I started laughing. It's crazy but I do have a tendency to laugh when I hurt.
To the amusement of my fellow tour members, there were bruises on the side of my calves, in the shape of Taiwan, the next day! It took almost 2 weeks for the bruises to go away.

On a side note, that's Alan, carrying all the girls' purchases on our way to Shilin NM earlier. We told him it all belonged to Cerina and he believed us! We even managed to wiggle some money out of him, saying that Cerina had to borrow money from us to buy all those stuff. Luckily he didn't check the bag because there were 2 pairs of shoes with the same design in there, belonging to Yi Ling and Ivy. Haha...
The guys had their own 'secret scheme' too. They met us empty-handed and tried to make us believe that they did not buy anything. I don't know whether it's women instincts or they are lousy liars but somehow, we just knew they were lying. At the end of the day, when we went back to our hotel, Alan went to the guys' room to collect his purchases. Turned out, they were late because they went back to the hotel to deposit their buys.
It's funny how both sides came up with schemes to bluff the other at the same time. It's immature, yes, but it's harmless anyway. I wonder if we'll still behave this way when we grow older, say 40 years old? I believe the answer is yes! Hahaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment