Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm staying at home!

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm staying at home, sitting in front of the computer. Normally, I would have insisted going out on a Saturday. Saturdays should be spent with friends, talking and laughing about anything and everything. Ever since Sec 4, I had been going out every Saturday with friends. Usually, it's the same friend every Saturday for a period until something happened and we drifted apart. Each and every one of them was special to me at that time and I really enjoyed their company.

Some of you asked why I can stand to see the same person almost everyday. I was really puzzled by that question. Why can't you? Because of this question, I dared not ask you out as often as I would like to.

I've always believed that you can't choose your family, but you get to choose your friends. That's why I have a very strong stand towards friendship and I know that sometimes I tend to be very strict toward my friends. That does not mean that I will stop being your friend because of your short-comings. All of us have flaws. I, myself, am not perfect but I try my best to be a very good friend for you. I can stick with a friend through adversities as long as I know that friend treasure me. As for the above-mentioned few, I kind of dropped our friendship as I truly did not feel their respect towards me, as a friend. Once bitten, twice shy. To think that I have to be bitten so many times before I learnt my lesson.

My dear friends, I know you will try to treat me nicer after reading this but don't... Just treat me as you usually do. I wouldn't want you to go out of your way to make me feel better. It will takes its toll on you as time drags on and you will feel very tired. Don't ever let yourself feel tired in any relationship. It's unhealthy and I believe that such a relationship will not stretch long and true.

No comments: