Ivy had a one week break before she starts her new job as a Research Officer so we decided to do a bit of baking. I got to be the one doing up the dough because that had always been my favourite part of baking. We made up two types of pastry skin for the tarts to see which method is better.
The first batch... It was a bit too dark and we managed to rescue it before it becomes tar. And that was when we finally figured out what went wrong with the cream puff we baked earlier. Turned out that we shouldn't use the 'fan' option of the oven, it was too strong. We turned off the 'fan' and got really nice tarts.
Ivy made the custard while I diced up the canned peaches.
Can see how happy Ivy was with our mini peach tarts. After some failed attempts, I finally figured out what went wrong. I still remembered Yi Ling and I baked a cake for Ivy on one of her birthdays and it turned out rock-hard. Now we don't have to suffer any more stone-like cakes.
Most of you might not know but I do enjoy baking. I'm just too lazy to do it often. Haha... And I do intend to start cooking once I got married. Was really surprised when Sindy and Ivy both said they thought I have no intention to cook at all. I do remember telling them that I want my future hubby to be my 'lab rat' when I start cooking. Oh well, have to forgive them, their memories are not very good. :b
No comments:
Post a Comment