Friday, January 2, 2009

25th December 2008 - Christmas with my big crazy family

Was really happy that I get to spend Christmas day with my big crazy family. I've always felt that Christmas eve should be spent with close friends and Christmas day with family. This Christmas day gathering was even more meaningful as it had been a very long while since all of us met up. We used to gather every Sunday but it stopped a while ago. Missed those times...


Went to collect this turkey from NTUC with aunt Choo and she was shocked when she saw this. She thought the turkey would be already roasted and not look so raw. Lucky for us, aunt Choo just bought a big multi-purpose microwave oven not too long ago so we did not have to mutilate the turkey.


Cousin Lawrence and girlfriend caught stealing food! He even dared to say, ‘连偷吃都那么帅’. wth... But they were not the only two stealing food though...


Cousin Vincent and wife, Rita. Sweet couple...


My dear grandma actually initiated this photo herself. When she saw me holding my camera she put on the Santa hat and asked me to take a photo of her standing beside the tree. My loving grandma who managed to confuse me with her sometimes old-fashioned and sometimes open-minded thinkings. I love her no matter what and I know she loves all of us dearly too!


Now for the other love of my life... Baby Chloe! I just love taking photos of her and now then I realised why my aunts and uncles love to take my photos when I was little. Little princess refused to smile for us...


Looking at her grandpa (my uncle) who's trying hard to make her smile...


Looking at her mum (my cousin Jassica) who succeeded in making her lips move...


And finally, she smiled! So adorable... I thought I got the most adorable photo, until I saw my cousin Adeline's blog. The one she got was so cute that I melted. So jealous... Ade, if you are watching this, I'm openly challenging you to see who can take the cutest baby photo!


The aunties at work. From left, my dear mummy, aunt Yan, my godma, aunt Jasmine and aunt Choo. By the way, the gathering was held at aunt Choo's big house.


Lawrence with baby Chloe. Jassica and I both agreed that baby Chloe looks a bit like Lawrence when he was that age.


Finally, the feast is ready! Whoever heard of Christmas feast with curry chicken and braised duck? Always amazed by what my family managed to come up with...


Tucking in...


Big baby Felicia meets small baby Chloe... Quite funny because Felicia keeps carressing Chloe's face and Chloe tried to do the same to Felicia. However, Chloe is still too small to be able to control her strength properly and so ended up scratching Felicia instead. Luckily, Felicia is a mild-tempered girl, unlike her aunts (ME included).


Mummy's second contact with baby Chloe. First time was when Chloe was still a newborn. I think Mummy is half in love too.


Uncle Hwa, the doting dad who spoilt cousin Adeline endlessly, who is also one of my favourite uncle and my dad's best friend in the family. Jassica was initially tasked with cutting the watermelon and uncle Hwa entered the kitchen to 'supervise'. Jassica roped me in to help her and my mum followed out of curiosity. In the end, my mum cut half of the watermelon and uncle Hwa cut the other half. These 'adults' just can never let us do anything ourselves. In their eyes, we will forever be 'the kids'.


My dad's first photo with baby Chloe. He was smoking when Chloe was carried out so he quickly finished his cigarette and demanded to carry her. Who can resist such a cute chubby baby?


Log cake from Bengawan Solo, sponsored by Ethan and Juliana.


Grandma with her first great-grandchild, Felicia.


Aunt Yan, mummy of cousin Adeline, the official 'cake-cutter' of the family. She tried to get me to take over her but I refused the position because I think she's still too young to retire.


Oldest with the youngest.

Video of our log-cake cutting ceremony which turned out to be more like a birthday cake cutting ceremony.
Special thanks to aunt Choo who made this gathering possible...
I do love my big crazy family even though there are problems within it. Every moment spent together is fun and sometimes crazy. Even though some of us may not contact each other very often, we always know that they will be there for us when we need them. I'm so glad I'm back now so they can't have gatherings without me anymore!

No comments: