Went to Aunt Yan's (Adeline's mum) house on the 5th day and played a bit of mahjong with my cousins - Adeline, Jassica and James. Grandma sat between Jassica and ME. At one point, I was trying to decide if I should discard ‘白板’or ‘青发’. Grandma asked me to discard ‘青发’and I followed her advice. Soon after, Jassica threw a ‘白板’and I won! Turned out grandma saw Jassica's tiles and knew that she'll be throwing ‘白板’out soon. The expression on Jassica's face was priceless... Hahaha... Anyway, I didn't get to play for long because Jaslyn chased me from my seat and I had to go home soon after.
Went to Aunt Choo's house on the 6th day and nothing much happened though. I went off before dinner to attend a friend's birthday gathering.
And finally, it's turn for my house to be opened for those crazy family members. We invited them over on the 7th day, commonly known as ‘人日’, everyone's birthday. We ordered buffet and ‘鱼生’because it's common practice to have ‘鱼生’on that day. Aunt Yan arrived with another plate of ‘鱼生’so we have 2 plates this year.
Video of the 'adults' with their ‘鱼生’. They actually ‘捞’for quite long but I started the video taking quite late as I was taking photos instead.
Video of the 'kids'... I'm somewhere in there too. Our vocabulary is quite limited so you can only hear 'huat ah!'. And some of them were throwing ‘鱼生’more than ‘捞鱼生’so we ended up with ‘鱼生’on our forearms. Eunice even had ‘鱼生’in her hair! Everyone had fun though, even heavily pregnant Juliana joined in the fun with Ethan trying to protect her from those lunatics. Haha...
Huat ah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment